Software Dev Engineer in Test (SDET)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur mission is to make actionable health information accessible to people everywhere in the world at the time it matters, enabling early detection and intervention of disease, and empowering individuals with information to live the lives they want to live.
At Theranos, we're working to shape the future of lab testing. Now, for the first time, our high-complexity CLIA-certified laboratory can perform your tests quickly and accurately on samples as small as a single drop.
Theranos' patented technology can analyze samples as small as 1/1, the size of the typical blood draw. Our tests are certified in our CLIA laboratory and cover a full range from blood, urine, and other samples. It's fast, easy, and the highest level of quality.
Our proprietary infrastructure allows us to perform our test analyses with unprecedented speed. So we can have results to you and your doctor in a matter of hours, not days. Which means a fast diagnosis to support better, more informed treatment.
By systematically controlling and standardizing our micro-processes, we offer tests with high levels of precision. We've also automated our pre- and post-analytic processes, minimizing human processing -- the cause of the majority of lab-test errors
Since we make it easy to measure your body's information at the needed frequencies, we can help doctors to see small changes in test results as they emerge over time. In doing so, we're working to help you and your doctor track chronic conditions and provide insight into the early detection of a broad range of medical conditions.
We are on a mission to transform the way people manage their personal health. The Software Quality team serves as the gatekeeper before our applications and services are deployed in the field. The Quality team collaborates closely with both the Development and Product teams, and will be touching every aspect of the software life cycle. The QA team will be responsible for making sure that our applications and services perform as per design and that our customer data is safe and secured.
* Design, Develop, Execute and Maintain software to test Web, Desktop and Mobile applications
* Proficiency in testing RESTFUL APIs, using both automated and manual approaches
* Collaborate with the development team and help debug and root-cause code level issues
* Work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced dynamic team environment
* Define test plans and test cases, as well as design and develop tools for unit, functional, performance and load testing
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
* 3+ years of industry experience
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field is highly preferred but not mandatory along with 1+ year of IT industry experience
* Must be hands-on with coding/testing C#/Java/C++ programming languages
* Must have in-depth knowledge on Software Quality Engineering fundamentals as well as knowledge on Object Oriented design principles
* Must be passionate in cracking the software and finding defects
* Experience in designing and developing test frameworks is a huge plus
* Must be hands-on writing one of the above mentioned programming languages
* Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
* Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills