This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. Their infrastructure forms the foundation for market-leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location, and deployable wireless communications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Developer in a small, talented development group providing input on all phases of the software development process for Commercial LBS systems. Help shape the system at an architectural level while also writing high-performance code for a system that has a real impact on people's lives. Candidate will participate and contribute to development project teams and interact with other developers through design and code reviews, as well as with other groups within TCS to help ensure the software's success.
* Write significant components of C++ and Java code for five-nines level of availability.
* Adhere to SW development practices in an ISO 9001 compliant environment.
* Work in small development teams (2 - 4developers) as part of broader cross-functional, highly complex software development efforts, within eight-to-twelve month release cycles.
* Primary responsibility for Commercial Location Base Services (LBS) technical solutions. Key interaction and cross-functional opportunities with Commercial LBS technical solutions as well.
* Assist in preparation of work breakdown structures and estimates for development components of projects.
* Complete development project tasks as assigned and organize your work to completion.
* Work closely with Quality Assurance for effective and timely triage and fixing of bugs.
* Provide root-cause analysis and troubleshoot code fixes for level four support of software.
* Follow corporate policies and procedures.
* Other functions as required.
* Strong C++ skills - strong knowledge of the standard template library important.
* Strong Java programming skills.
* Familiarity with distributed, high availability, and multi-threaded systems.
* Strong experience with object oriented design and analysis.
* UNIX network programming experience is required.
* Previous experience with relational database systems (Oracle, TimesTen, etc.)
* Knowledge of cellular (ANSI TCAP and GSM) is plus.
* Experience with Java-based web services a plus.
* Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Display high levels of self-motivation.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelordegree and 5years of development experience or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 3years' experience in development of C++ and/or Java code.
* Ability to maintain productivity across multiple, simultaneous projects/work streams.
* Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills.
THIS IS A FULL TIME OPPORTUNITY WITH OUR CLIENT, THEY OFFER AN EXCELLENT SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE.