Software Developer 8/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Under the general direction of and reporting to the Manager of Software for New Product Development, the primary responsibility is for delivering all aspects of the software development lifecycle to include analysis, designing, coding, testing, troubleshooting and supporting software to meet or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works in a collaborative development team and QA team members to iteratively construct software solutions.
* Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
* Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
* Design, codes, tests, troubleshoots, debugs and documents those programs.
* Recognized for a high level of technical expertise in all phases of software lifecycle management.
* Support and improve current software and show a high level of ownership of assigned tasks through to completion.
* Participate in daily standups, review and planning meetings.
* Frequently reports and works closely with software programming lead on assigned tasks.
* Collaborate with members of IT on the best practices around software development and object-oriented programming practices.
* May be responsible for completion of a phase of a project.
* Regularly provides guidance to less-experienced programmers.
* Requires a thorough understanding of a number of disciplines including but not limited to databases, networking, programming, setup/deployment and support services.
* Works with graphic designers and other members of internal project team and external contractors to develop programs, designs and make architecture recommendations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science preferred) or related experience
* 3+ years of general .NET development experience
* 2+ years of general web development experience
* Must have experience working with agile methodology such as Scrum or Kanban
* Experience in WCF and Web API a plus
* Experience in graphic and UI design a plus
* Experience in mobile application development (iOS and/or Android) a plus
* Requires strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills