This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 2/14/2017
Harris Computer Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
SmartFusion is seeking Software Developers for their team in either Greenville, SC or Buffalo, NY office.
Do you find yourself constantly revising your code to make it more efficient, reusable, and readable*
Do you believe that code is an art form, that simple solutions are the hardest to find but the most beautiful way of solving a problem*
If so, SmartFusion is looking for Software Developers that share these traits. When you join R&D team, you can expect to work on a variety of projects and technologies, whether it is .Net or Angular JS. And regardless of the project you take on, we expect you to own it, make it awesome, learn as much as you can from it, and share what you ve learned with your teammates.
Join our team to help make local government software the best it can be for our customers and their residents.
We don t want to brag, but we think that our Software Developers possess the perfect combination of Attitude, Aptitude, and Awesomeness!
* They constantly seek opportunities to expand their skills and domain knowledge
* They want to work with other developers that share their passion
* They want to be coached, mentored and driven to reach their fullest potential
* They are transparent and self-aware about their work and where they need to grow
* They have strong opinions and are open to having those opinions challenged
* They believe the best way to grow is to surround themselves with people who can help them grow and develop both personally and professionally.
* They have a great understanding of OOP and enjoy finding new ways of applying fundamentals every day
* They have mastery of at least one programming language and enjoy tinkering/experimenting and developing code in multiple languages
* They pick up new languages and concepts quickly
* They love to draw multiple potential solutions to any given problem and point out pros and cons to each
* They have a relentless focus on improving the product every single release
* Agile is baked in. They reflect and refine their process every sprint.
* They are fearless in the face of the unknown
* They challenge themselves to grow beyond the expected.
* Demonstrated understanding of OOP
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent work experience
* Technology: .Net Framework 6, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, Angular.js
* Tools: Slack, Microsoft Visual Studio, ReSharper, LINQpad, PowerShell
* Passion: Continuous Improvement, Unit/Integration/Automation Testing, Documentation
SmartFusion is a newly organized division of Harris Computer Systems that provides local government software and solutions to over 150 municipalities, counties and utilities across the United States. We offer the opportunity, autonomy and culture of a tech startup with the backing of a well-established $350M+ company, a combination unlike any other in the space. As the flagship product, we build a diverse product offering of solutions, and value professionals that can translate vision into action. SmartFusion is a truly unique opportunity for leaders who will embrace the ambiguity of new beginnings while simultaneously defining the future of our organization.
Harris Computer Systems is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Harris to ensure that its management and employment practices are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, protected physical or mental disability, amnesty, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.