Software Developer (C++, C) in Windows ICL-882
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Title: Software Developer (C++, C) in Windows ICL-882
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: Software Developer (C++, C) in Windows ICL-882
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) in Atlanta, GA is seeking an experienced Software Developer (C++, C) in Windows. We value bright, intellectually curious, growth oriented professionals and provide a work environment that allows work / life balance and opportunity for growth. GTRI employee about 2000 employees working in 8 labs across 14 locations with a main campus in Atlanta, Ga.
This opportunity is with our Information and Communications Laboratory (ICL).
Information and Communications Laboratory (ICL). ICL conducts research that solves complex problems in areas of computer science, information technology, communications, networking, and socio-technical systems. ICL addresses work in the future of communications, the future of information, better experiences with communications and experience. To learn more about ICL, please visit http://www.gtri.gatech.edu/icl
* Do you enjoy working in a cutting-edge software development environment*
* Are you great at solving tough problems with innovative solutions*
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Software Developer to design software to that is used in the field with current users. The responsibilities include implementing and maintaining applications written in C/C++. Our team members are collaborative and supportive, which makes our team a pleasant place to work. We are located on Georgia Tech s campus in Tech Square: an area that merges industry, academia, start-ups, and research institutions. Our team is looking for smart, innovative developers to join an established program of developers, designers, testers, and documentation experts. Our solutions can t be googled and found in forums, they must be created. We hope to create them with you.
This is a full-time, permanent position available, starting immediately. The primary work assignment would be as a software developer on the FalconView program. FalconView is used for flight planning by the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Navy, and the U.S. Army s Special Operations Command. It is a mapping package for Microsoft Windows that displays various types of maps and geographically referenced overlays.
To learn more about FalconView please visit www.falconview.org
REQUIREMENTS THAT MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a comparable degree
* Interest in pursing MS degree or continued education
* Years of Professional Experience: Minimum of 4 years of C/C++
* Strong C/C++ skills in a Windows environment
* Professional programming experience in mid-sized to large-sized teams
* Experience with Microsoft COM, and/or MFC is preferred
* Experience developing 3D user interfaces and graphics a plus
* Working knowledge and experience with debuggers, profilers, and installers
* Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and OO design
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong planning, communication, and troubleshooting skills
* Motivation to contribute to an impactful solution
* Candidate must be a US citizen capable of holding a Top Secret DoD
* Security clearance. An active clearance is a major plus.
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Georgia Tech Research Institute has been recognized as one of Atlanta s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years. GTRI is a great place for intellectually curious, world class technology oriented engineering and scientific talent to work. Our projects are challenging, expanding and cutting edge applied research. In addition we offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, professional growth, freedom for approved outside consulting, and a defined career growth strategy.
GTRI employee over 950 world class engineers and scientists. We recruit talent from such diverse areas as: Cyber Security Jobs, Big Data Jobs and Data Intelligence Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Software Engineering Jobs, High Performance Computing Jobs ( HPC Jobs ), Hardware Design Jobs, Embedded System Design Jobs, Communication Systems Design Jobs, High Speed Networks Jobs, Electromagnetics Jobs ( EM Jobs ) including Radar Systems Jobs, Antenna Design Jobs, Electronic Warfare Jobs( EW Jobs ), Sensor Design Jobs, Intelligent Systems Jobs, Systems Engineering Jobs and others.
For more info on GTRI http://www.gtri.gatech.edu/