Software Developer, Creative Difference
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 2/7/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHO WE ARE
IDEO is a global design firm helping companies of all sizes think creatively to uncover new value in product, service, strategy, and more. We have been around for more than 25 years with offices globally and have helped with many mainstream products and services around the world. The workplace is never boring as there are constant shares and events both from internal projects and clients and external partners.
Our Design for Change studio s venture arm in our San Francisco office is looking to scale up its engineering on the Creative Difference product team to streamline the product, iterate on features, and improve the customer experience. It is a small team with a big goal.
* Build on existing codebase to implement new features, fix bugs, and extend the codebase
* Work on full application stack: front-end marketing site, front-end user application, back-end API, administration, and data modeling and querying
* Work with data analyst to help support their data needs
* Work closely with product owner and team to uncover new customer needs, prioritize tasks, and implement and launch new features
* BS / MS in computer science or related engineering field
* 5+ years experience working with web technologies
* Fluency and comfort working with Ruby on Rails
* Fluency and comfort working with Data (SQL design, optimization and implementation and database design)
* Fluency and comfort working with Git
ABOVE AND BEYOND
* Diving in, understanding, and building on existing codebases is easy
* Taking user feedback, synthesizing user needs, and bringing them to a feature list, design, and implementation is second nature
* Experience and interest in Big Data technologies - Hadoop, Apache Spark, MADLib, etc
* Implementing and extending on automated testing suites sounds fun
* Going from coding to a brainstorm then diving back into code is the perfect day
* Contributing to great visual design alongside world-class designers sounds blissful