This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
ALS Oil and Gas
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The Software Developer acts as the technical lead for projects creating solutions that meet market neds relating to architecture, implementation, testing, and maintenance. As a member of a fast paced team, this position will also be responsible for contributing to the design and development process.
* Provide quick wireframes and mockups (given a model);
* Create interfaces with attention to detail & usability (default sorting, layouts, functionality);
* Interface with end user and others on the team to indicate what is needed;
* With minimal direction, be able to come up with rough cut interfaces, layouts, participate in design and architecture sessions to ensure proper standards are followed;
* Work with support teams to ensure proper communications between support and development;
* Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to sit up to 8 hours a day;
* Manual dexterity to do repetitive tasks such as source code development;
* Ability to sit and use a computer for entire shift;
* Ability to effectively communicate via telephone, computer, in person and online.
The ideal candidate would have:
* Minimum 5 years programming and development web applications using ASP.NET, C#.NET, MVC;
* Minimum 3 years programming Windows applications using WPF and WCF;
* Experience with MySQL and relational models;
* Experience working in an agile environment.
You would also be/have:
* Ability to standardize on a JS framework, replacing legacy components;
* Working knowledge of version control, Git;
* Understands end user point of view for Usability requests;
* Ability to utilize various API s.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities