Software Developer I Part-Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
San Luis Obispo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Software Engineer I
Formulates architectural designs, functional specifications, interface specifications and documentation of software systems taking into consideration system interrelationships, operating modes and software or equipment configurations. Researches emerging or unconventional applications of software and operating systems in designing and developing new methodologies, signification modifications, or adaptations of standardized techniques. Reviews work products for correctness and adherence to design concepts and user standards. May act as a technical design lead, mentor, or similar role for limited or extended durations.
Primary Job Functions
The primary function of this position is to provide programming skills in support of Tapestry s complex software applications. Some experience in software design, architectural development and troubleshooting skills are required. This position may involve participation in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC). The individual will:
* Perform software development tasks (programming, development, design, analysis and problem resolution) at an advanced level.
* Drive software development tasks to successful completion.
* Perform advanced-level testing, validation and verification of complex software applications.
* Establish, maintain, and adhere to software quality and coding standards.
* Serve as a leader and mentor to less-experienced software developers and software engineers, as required.
* Occasionally represent the company in an external liaison role in situations requiring onsite support or third-party (customer/contractor/vendor) coordination or expertise..
* Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for success in this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As we are a federal contractor subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) restrictions, individuals must be U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizen, Green Card holder, or lawful permanent resident).
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
AA degree in related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor degree or greater
Proven experience in at least one of the following areas is required:
* Java, C++, C, C# or similar object-oriented languages.
* Scripting languages (e.g., PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby).
* Databases (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
Skills and Abilities
* Object-oriented programming skills.
* Algorithmic, software design, and/or software architecture skills.
* Ability to do multi-task.
* Good organizational skills.
* Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
* Ability to work effectively with customers, peers, subordinates, managers, executives, and others.