Software Developer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Virginia Beach, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analyze requirements, define tasks, and scope effort.
* Ensure that requirements and development are aligned with business logic and customer needs.
* Design, build, troubleshoot, and maintain applications built.
* Develop web applications, including markup and code, for the web and mobile web.
* Participate in developing best practices to maintain and improve platforms/applications.
* Document code, and create technical specifications.
* Develop solutions for adapting content and presentation to mobile devices and browsers.
* Quality assurance testing upgrades, patches and new releases.
* Research new technology, tools, and approaches.
* Continually learn new technologies and techniques that support evolving needs.
* Demonstrated ability to work under tight time constraints with dynamic requirements.
* Accepts ownership and is accountable for learning design, development and implementation.
* Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
* Excellent organizational/time management, planning and prioritization skills.
* All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Four-year college degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software, Engineering, Business or other relevant combination of training and comparable work experience.
* Knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
* Experience with commonly used programming Design concepts, practices and procedures.
* Advanced user of modern IDEs, Microsoft Visual Studio knowledge a plus.
* Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
* Knowledge of Microsoft .Net Programming.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.