Software Developer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 3/31/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
The SOFTWARE DEVELOPER II will be responsible for input on the design for software projects, including participation in the definition and design of software products, both new and existing to build a secure and scalable product suite.
* Implement new core technologies and relevant application programming for software projects into existing and new product offerings
* Build and implement technical designs of the software systems with support from software engineering and development team members as part of the technical architecture stack
* Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services hosting solution and keeping current on the new offerings of AWS
* Adhere to coding policies and operational discipline as defined by the software development team
* Interaction with developers, project managers, and product management within an Agile development life cycle
* Implementation and execution of code review processes
* Responsibilities include involvement in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (Agile & Waterfall) including technical requirements analysis, technical design, development, testing, deployment, and production support
* Mentor and coach junior software development team members on development best practices and standards
* Maintain and support the software release and deployment processes
* Responsible for risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture including alignment to AMN and Avantas Information Security policies and procedures
* Responsible for the maintenance and migration of legacy technologies to industry standard open source technologies
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related foreign academic equivalent
* 3-7 years of progressive work experience in open source technology solutions
* Amazon Web Services code deploy, Oracle RDS, EC2, S3 and like technologies
* Strong coding and software design skills in Spring Boot, Groovy, Hibernate, Java,
* Oracle 11g/12C, MySQL, SQL Server 2008/2012,
* Demonstrated DevOps automation and orchestration experience using tools such as Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Git, BitBucket, Jira
* Collaborative leadership experience supporting technology and product road map decisions
* Knowledge of Data Warehouse design with integration into Business Intelligence systems
* Experience with relational and columnar database design
* Knowledge of statistical modeling tools such as R and IBM SPSS
* Proficient in Service Oriented Architecture, including SOA and SaaS, Web Services, WSDL, SOAP, REST & RPC, JSON, Microservices, and Web Content Management Technologies
Respect * Passion * Continuous Improvement * Trust * Customer Focus * Innovation
AMN HEALTHCARE IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER
WE ENCOURAGE MINORITY AND FEMALE APPLICANTS TO APPLY
We value professionalism in everything we do this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.