This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Optimal Solutions and Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Software Developer
LOCATION: McLean, VA
JOB ID: 1776
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Design, code, deploy, and test applications according to the requirements and industry best practices.
* Collaborate to design and implement features
* Implement assigned components as defined in the system design.
* Write unit and integration tests to ensure those features never break
* Assist in setup and evaluation of overall architecture.
* Assist in development and peer review of plans, technical solutions, and related documentation.
* Support server administration deployment, and compliance within operational environment.
* Use version control to version your code
* Bachelor s degree in math, science or engineering
* 8+ relevant years of experience in .NET technologies, with an emphasis on keeping in line with industry standards
* Familiarity with development and design of large scale Web Applications and consolidating smaller legacy apps into enterprise suite
* Experience constructing data models
* Experience in database designing
* Experience in multi-tier design projects including development of middle tier and front end interface
* Experience working in an Agile software environment
* Experience in working multiple projects simultaneously
* Familiarity with Business Intelligence, mobile and cloud platforms
* Must be a creative thinker who can work well on a team
* Strong written, verbal and inter-personal skills
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.