- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Senior OpenStack Developer
Are you an upstream OpenStack contributor, or are you a key developer of existing OpenStack distribution or related product?
Do you have public references of your contributions through Stackalytics, GitHub, Landspace or Bugzilla for your OpenStack related contributions?
Are you well versed in Python, Ansible, Puppet, Linux?
Are you proficient in infrastructure technologies such as virtualization, containers, distributed block or object storage?
Do you want to spent significant portion of your time working within OpenStack upstream community as well as be a key contributor to commercial OpenStack based products?
If so, then Lenovo wants to speak to you.
Lenovo is looking for a Senior OpenStack software developer to design and execute cloud software initiatives within the OpenStack ecosystem. You will be working directly in and with the open source communities to enhance the state of the art of private and hybrid cloud technologies. A successful technical contributor at Lenovo needs to be innovative, detail-oriented, team-oriented, self-directed and adaptable to changing business requirements. In addition to translating requirements into designs, you will roll up your sleeves executing software development, and driving technical programs that span multiple functional areas and geographies.
* Develop key components of Lenovo's cloud infrastructure business, focusing on open source technologies such as OpenStack, ManageIQ, Docker, Linux, Ceph, and KVM by working with the upstream communities.
* Manage technical projects and drive innovation, operating at both the tactical and strategic levels
* Lead PoCs (proof of concept) of emerging technologies
* Work collaboratively with Product Managers, architects, analysts, and application developers to ensure solutions meet requirements and are extensible long-term
* Communicate status, risks, and offer mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects to cross-functional teams and senior management
* BS or MS degree in CS/EE or related field, MS degree preferred
* 6+ years of development experience
* 2+ years professional software development / programming experience in OpenStack ecosystem
* Proficiency with OpenStack technologies and components, Python, Puppet, Ansible, Linux and Unix operating systems, shell scripting, bash, deployment, system administration)
* Experience with Python web frameworks like Django and Flask and automated testing and best practices in Python
* Practical experience with other configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
* Understanding of API development and JSON object construction.
* Working knowledge of agile methodologies and concepts such as test driven development, continuous integration / continuous deployment
* Practical experience with cloud environment such as OpenStack, AWS, Azure
* Practical experience with virtualization, storage and networking technologies such as VMware ESXi, KVM, HyperV, Ceph, OpenVSwitch,
* Bi-lingual English and Mandarin is an advantage
* Ability to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required. Total travel approximately 5-10%.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.