Software Developer - Python
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Lenovo is looking for a Python software developer to design and execute cloud software initiatives within the OpenStack ecosystem. You will be working directly in and with the open source communities to enhance the state of the art of private and hybrid cloud technologies. A successful technical contributor at Lenovo needs to be innovative, detail-oriented, team-oriented, self-directed and adaptable to changing business requirements. In addition to translating requirements into designs, you will roll up your sleeves executing software development, and driving technical programs that span multiple functional areas and geographies.
* Develop key components of Lenovo's cloud infrastructure business, focusing on open source technologies such as OpenStack, Docker, Linux, Ceph, and KVM
* Manage technical projects and drive innovation, operating at both the tactical and strategic levels
* Lead PoCs (proof of concept) of emerging technologies
* Work collaboratively with Product Managers, architects, analysts, and application developers to ensure solutions meet requirements and are extensible long-term
* Communicate status, risks, and offer mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects to cross-functional teams and senior management
* BS or MS degree in CS/EE or related field, MS degree preferred
* 2+ years professional software development / programming experience mainly with Python in Linux/Unix environment
* Proficiency with Linux and Unix operating systems (shell scripting, bash, deployment, system administration)
* Experience with Python web frameworks like Django and Flask and automated testing and best practices in Python
* Practical experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
* Understanding of API development and JSON object construction.
* Working knowledge of agile methodologies and concepts such as test driven development, continuous integration / continuous deployment
* Practical experience with cloud environment such as OpenStack, AWS, Azure, Docker
* Practical experience with virtualization, storage and networking technologies such as VMware ESXi, KVM, HyperV, Ceph, OpenVSwitch,
* Bi-lingual English and Mandarin is an advantage
* Ability to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required. Total travel approximately 5-10%.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.