This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
We are looking for a talented software developer who enjoys working with in the context of existing C++ code. Candidates will be passionate about mathematics and software development; will bring fresh and exciting ideas to our team. The role offers a unique opportunity for a self-starter to work in a dynamic environment.
* Experience deriving and implementing mathematical algorithms.
* Strong C++ skills and willingness to work in existing code base.
* Experience with C# on Windows using Visual Studio development tools.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks autonomously
* Understanding the code base of current colorant-formulation software; interacting with that code base to debug and improve it; optimizing solutions for accuracy and speed; and improving the physical model underlying the code.
* Building high-quality products/modules according to agreed schedules and priorities.
* Designing and enhancing functionality for existing applications and refactoring the existing code-base.
* Estimating software development tasks to within predictable variances given specified functional and business requirements.
* Being held accountable for the quality, performance, and adherence to specification of your assigned development task.
* Performing code review sessions with other developers and suggesting improvements or alternate strategies when appropriate.
* Developing software in a hands-on capacity by writing code in C# and C++ on Windows.
* Working with other team members effectively and with minimal supervision.
* Traveling to our Swiss office will also be expected.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Has earned a master's or bachelor's degree in mathematics or related discipline with a strong interest in numerical problems.
* Is experienced with nonlinear optimization algorithms.
* Has 1-3 years' hands-on experience in Software Engineering, specifically related to software design and development.
* Strong C++ skills and the ability and desire to work in existing C++ code.
* Has 1-3 years' experience writing and debugging code to solve complex numerical problems.
* Experienced in full-life cycle development.
* Object Oriented Programming/Object Oriented Design (OOP/OOD) experience.
* Keeps abreast of developments in industry and in the evolving software technologies.
* Must possess strong written, oral communication and presentation skills.
Knowledge of colorant formulation is desirable but not required.