Software Developer (Java & Delphi)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a Software Developer (Java & Delphi) to work in our Washington DC office.
Will work as part of a large team providing operation and maintenance support leveraging emerging industry best practices. Able to communicate with management, developers, database administrators, and end-users to evaluate need prior to development of an automated solution. Develops applications in a client/server environment and conducts quality control and code review. Applies knowledge and experience with DB2 database technologies, development methodologies, back-end programming languages and performs database programming to include supporting systems design. In addition:
* Support and enhance existing applications (Delphi, JAVA and/or DB2 SQL PL, UNIX shell);
* Code development, unit testing and support release documentation;
* Assist with quality assurance tasks, including test data preparation, defect root cause analysis;
* Any other tasks necessary for completion of project deliverables.
* BS in Computer Science, MIS or related field of study
* US Citizen or Green card holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
* Strong experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design and testing
* At least 3 years of programming experience in PASCAL, C, C++, JAVA, Delphi (JAVA and Delphi preferred)
* IBM DB2 UDB development experience including stored procedures and triggers
* Ability to work efficiently to complete multiple projects in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
* Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals and groups.
* Ability to change existing application designs to be 508 compliance
* Working experience with Delphi 7.0 and up
* Working knowledge of IBM Data Studio and SQL PL
* Working knowledge of WAS (WebSphere Application Server )
* UNIX shell scripting (KSH)
* Experience with Rational Team Concert
* Agile certification
* Previous experience of upgrading Delph
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.