Software Development Co-Op - Digital Factory
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 4/4/2017
Winston Salem, NC
Unleash your creativity and imagination in the digital space as an Intern with the NA Automotive Digital Factory team by creating futuristic software applications. Would you like to develop the future of man machine interaction by developing Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality applications for Microsoft HoloLens, Oculus Rift or HTC Vive or stream data to the cloud to perform real time analytics and drive operational efficiency or develop cutting edge and stunning data visualizations to improve productivity, then this will be the ideal opportunity to get exposed and immerse yourself in the future of a digitized world.
The NA Digital Factory team helps manufacturing operations realize operational efficiency and improve employee productivity by deploying effective and efficient Digital Factory tools.
This role will report to the Senior Manager Digital Factory Auto North America and will be responsible to assist manufacturing plants to deploy the tools and develop futuristic software applications.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Windows application development and web development
* Objected oriented programming skills
* Program / develop cutting edge Rich Internet Applications (RIA) using Microsoft Visual Studio or other IDE tools for optimum user experience
* Experience with Unity3D software or Adobe s 3D modeling and rendering tools or similar platforms
* Relational Database architecture and design experience Stored Procedures, Triggers, SQL debugging tools and advanced SQL scripting knowledge
* Big Data Architecture NoSQL, Amazon Dynamo, Microsoft SQL Azure
* Experience with mobile application development and troubleshooting is preferred
* Experience with Microsoft languages in .Net environment (Visual Basic, C#)
* Experience with scripting languages (VBScript, Python, etc.)
* Ability to develop applications for wearable technologies for manufacturing needs
* Ability to select the right software technology stack
* Testing and validation of software applications
* Source code control and archiving
* Software Roll out and training of work force
* Understanding of manufacturing networks and firewalls
* Candidate must be a rising junior or senior or 2nd year Master's student majoring in Computer or Electrical Engineering
* Should have developed software applications and should be able to present a portfolio of software applications developed
* Ability to think out of the box
* Challenge status-quo and drive innovation
* Imagination and creativity
* A strong sense of urgency