Software Development Engineer (Finance)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Franklin Lakes, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20004022
Beyond the technology, the Software Development Engineer should have deep technical expertise and ability to balance strategic and tactical application development responsibilities. Ability to lead design & requirements meetings. Provide architectural oversight to the technical resources on the team to execute on these designs and ensure that all solutions meet or exceed client expectations. Must be able to communicate ideas and applicable design techniques/solutions in a team driven development environment. These would include ad hoc reporting originating from both internal custom solutions and established enterprise repositories. Also including any and all additional support related to applications or systems.
* The Software Development engineer serves as a senior technology SME for the Business Systems team and serves as a technical resource for all members of the team. Ensures the most efficient application development practices are adhered to and tested to provide top quality products to the business owners.
* Establishes relationships will all business unit leaders within the Client Audit Services and FWA/Program Integrity organizations. Work with these leaders to drive discovery, analysis, design, implementation and execution of custom software applications. Establishes strong working relationships with internal and cross-functional business partners to ensure achievement of operational goals.
* Ability to establish technical strategy as it relates to specific design patterns and frameworks.
* Charged with managing IT resources effectively to deliver projects within scope and timeframe while reducing or eliminating risk to normal business functions. Ensures technical staff is on schedule and utilizing best practices.
* Responsible for coaching and mentoring team members on technical topics, design patterns, technical strategy, best practices and direction. Mentor the technical team members and translate the technical direction into digestible action items for execution.
* Sets expectations with business leaders in the department related to support tasks that are not directly tied to application development.
* Responsible for providing technical and process direction to the business systems team. Provides secondary oversight to daily activities of application development, direction and technical support. Works directly with Director of the team to set goals and manage priorities for application development, technical support and reporting.
* Bachelors Degree in MIS, CS or Dual Degree in IS/CS and Business Administration related coursework. (Masters Degree Preferred with similar concentrations: MBA or MS).
* 3-5 years experience in Application Development.
* 3-5 years experience in Business Analysis, Database Design, Deployment and Administration.
* 1-3 years experience in Systems Analysis/Process Analysis.
* 0-1 years of leadership (formal or informal).
* Technology Stack: C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or later), Teradata, T-SQL, VBA, Web Development/design Technologies (MVC, IIS, .NET framework), Data Warehouse Methodologies, Relational Databases, SQL Server Database Design and Administration, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Share Point Administration, Share Point Development, Object Oriented Design.
*LI - TO1
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT Finance's primary responsibilities include financial reporting & analysis, corporate taxes, accounts payable, billing and collections, financial planning and monitoring, underwriting, cash management, risk management, SEC reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, mergers and acquisitions activity, internal audit, client audit, pharmacy audit and investor relations.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.