Software Development Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION11404 Software Development Engineer II (Open)
PS - Software Development
CSG International, as the one of the largest business support solutions (BSS) providers, provides solutions to a global client base. Join an elite team of IT professionals who are driven for success in finding innovative ways to solve problems for our company and clients. We respond to the complexity of a dynamic, convergent world with a flexible set of needs-based solutions, innovative new technologies and forward thinking that helps our clients solve business problems and identify new opportunities and revenue streams. CSG's Professional Services Group is currently hiring a Software Development Engineer II to not only develop leading edge applications but also be engaged throughout. This means from concept to implementation. It involves interfacing with customers and colleagues. The group is made of highly motivated individuals that represent some of the best talent in the industry. This team is committed to continuous improvement in how software is developed and it hires likeminded individuals that thrive in such an environment. CSG offers a wide variety of training and mentorship. Come experience the culture that fosters professional development and opportunities for advancement.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* A passion for technology and its use to solve business problems in a timely and robust manner
* Build enterprise-class software solutions in one of the most complex, completive and challenging industries
* Develop iteratively in C#, ASP.NET, SQL RDMS
* Acceptance Test Driven Development
* Continuous Integration approach
* Collaborate with Customers, Solution Sales, Product Management and DevOps to resolve, support and evolve complex technical and business issues
* Provide periodic troubleshooting to the product support team
* Perform under minimal supervision on significantly complex assignments
* Point of contact for technical expertise for team members
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a technically related field or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of experience in software development preferably in C#, .NET and/or Java required. 5+ years of experience for senior level
* Technical experience in product design, product development, scoping and product implementation
* Technical knowledge in software development methodologies and design.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Willingness/availability for after-hours support when needed
* Experience working with Microsoft development tools and a desire to learn more
* Key skill requirements for this role include: C#, Visual Studio, .NET, ASP.NET, MS SQL Server
* Experience with Web Services: SOAP, REST, JSON
* Beneficial skills include: C, C++, Java, Python.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
* Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment.
* Understanding of client requirements and CSG software product implementation
* Ability to develop algorithms, to develop code, to debug code, and to document
* Works well within a team environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively convey and clarify complex information
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment
* Accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG's core competencies and values
* Available for international and domestic travel when needed
* Works independently and knows when to request assistance, code reviews, or design guidance from senior members of the team
As a CSG employee your contributions to our success are a big advantage to the company and we believe you deserve to have a valuable selection of benefits, competitive pay and total rewards in return. Our benefits offer some important must haves plus valuable programs that let you customize your coverage to fit your needs, today and tomorrow. Our multiple recognition programs are yet another way we recognize one another for the contributions, team work, dedication, innovation and accomplishments that have enabled our growth for more than 25 years.
CSG International is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity / Veteran / Disabled Employer.
CSG does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, individuals with disabilities, veterans, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis covered by local law.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with CSG and need special assistance due to a disability or accommodation for a disability,
please call us at 1 (402) 431-7000.