Software Development Engineer- Mainframe
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION11416 Software Development Engineer- Mainframe (Open Date: 09/14/2016)
SW - Development - Vantage
As one of the largest business support solutions (BSS) provider, CSG International provides solutions to a global client base. Join an elite team of professionals who are driven for success in finding innovative ways to solve problems for our company and clients. We respond to the complexity of a dynamic, convergent world with a flexible set of needs-based solutions, innovative new technologies and forward thinking that helps our clients solve business problems and identify new opportunities and revenue streams.
CSG International's Vantage Software Development Team is currently hiring a Software Development Engineer II to develop leading edge applications. The team is made of highly motivated individuals that represent some of the best talent in the industry. This team is committed to continuous improvement in how software is developed and it hires likeminded individuals that thrive in such an environment.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
* Work collaboratively within a cross functional agile team of developers, analysts, testers, product owner and scrum master.
* Actively participate in stand-up, project and design meetings.
* Develop, maintain and support the software components and processes of CSG's Vantage product. This includes ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) processing of zOS mainframe QSAM, VSAM and DB2, DB2 LUW, Oracle and SQL Server data sources into an Oracle ODS (operational data store).
* Research and resolve complex technical issues.
* Communicate effectively with internal customer facing groups and clients as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a technically related field or equivalent experience.
* 2+ years of current experience in software development required.
* Technical knowledge in software development methodologies and design.
* Technical experience in using functional designs to create operationally sound processes for large-scale data processing.
* Mainframe (Z/OS), COBOL, JCL.
* Experience using CA/7, Optimizer/Analyzer, Expediter, Abend Aid, and FileAid or similar tools.
* Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
* Journeyman level analytical and problem solving skills.
* Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment under minimal supervision on significantly complex assignments.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience of value:
* Relational Database experience (DB2/SQLServer/Oracle)
* Unix/Linux OS experience
* Assembler in a Mainframe (Z/OS) environment
* Familiarity with Agile development and/or Lean practices
* General knowledge of QA test tools and procedures.
* Ability to adapt to and learn new technologies as necessary.