Software Development Engineer in Test - SDET 8/20/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE: PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST - SDET
LOCATION: SAN DIEGO CA 92121
DURATION: 12 MONTHS - CONTRACT TO HIRE
* Utilizing the Microsoft ALM solution (MTM, Visual Studio, CodedUI, C#, TFS),
* The SDET develops automation to enable testing of .NET n-tiered systems and applications by the SQE organization.
* The primary responsibility of the Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is to automate test cases.
* Develop automation libraries and improve the performance of the existing automation.
* The SDET solves Engineering and QA challenges of writing software programs to test other software programs.
* Develops automation framework to test at multiple application layers including web, services, and database.
* Utilizes OOP principles to ensure automation framework and tests are easily extendable by peers
* Creates and Maintains shared automation libraries to be used by other SQE groups.
* Enables testing methods for throughput, scaling and performance tests, and validation of data quality
* Works with Quality Assurance and other SoftwareEngineering staff to identify opportunities for the use of automated tests, tools, and harnesses
* Recommends technical strategies to contribute to the overall effectiveness and quality of testing projects to meet business needs
* Contributes to the evolution of automated testing tools and framework.
* Familiarity with Web Drivers like Selenium, CodedUI etc.
* Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
* Development experience in C#/.NET Framework for 4+ years
* Hands-on experience with the Microsoft ALM solution (MTM, Visual Studio, CodedUI, C#, TFS)
* Experience coding Unit Tests/Integration Tests/System Tests/Regression Tests and test execution in an automation framework
* Knowledge of SQL and ability to write complex queries
* Experience working with large scale RDBMS
* Proficiency with web technologies and data structures - HTML, CSS, XML, DOM
* Understands how to set up/store reference data, test Meta data.
* Experience with Build-Test-Deploy pattern for systems and applications in VMWare, Cloud, or Windows Server (2003/2008/2012) environments
* Understands Agile Methodologies
* Top level application support and troubleshooting
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and able to communicate very technical subject matter to non-technical users.
* BSdegree in Computer Science, Engineering, or comparable demonstrated work experience.
* Experience in automated testing of financial or healthcare softwaresystems using test frameworks is desired
* Familiarity of other automation frameworks/ tools like selenium.
* Familiarity writing automation for Angular JS applications.
* ETL and Data Testing is a plus.