Software Development Engineer in Test
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST
LOCATION: SAN DIEGO, CA (92121)
DURATION: 12+ MONTHS (POSSIBILITY CONTRACT TO HIRE)
Utilizing the Microsoft ALM solution (MTM, Visual Studio, CodedUI, C#, TFS), the SDET develops automation to enable testing of .NET n-tiered systems and applications by the SQE organization.
* The primary responsibility of the Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is to automate test cases, develop automation libraries and improve the performance of the existing automation. The SDET solves Engineering and QA challenges of writing software programs to test other software programs.
* Develops automation framework to test at multiple application layers including web, services, and database.
* Utilizes OOP principles to ensure automation framework and tests are easily extendable by peers
* Creates and Maintains shared automation libraries to be used by other SQE groups.
* Enables testing methods for throughput, scaling and performance tests, and validation of data quality
* Works with Quality Assurance and other SoftwareEngineering staff to identify opportunities for the use of automated tests, tools, and harnesses
* Recommends technical strategies to contribute to the overall effectiveness and quality of testing projects to meet business needs
* Contributes to the evolution of automated testing tools and framework.
* Familiarity with Web Drivers like Selenium, CodedUI etc.
* Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
* Development experience in C#/.NET Framework for 4+ years
* Hands-on experience with the Microsoft ALM solution (MTM, Visual Studio, CodedUI, C#, TFS)
* Experience coding Unit Tests/Integration Tests/System Tests/Regression Tests and test execution in an automation framework
* Knowledge of SQL and ability to write complex queries
* Experience working with large scale RDBMS
* Proficiency with web technologies and data structures - HTML, CSS, XML, DOM
* Understands how to set up/store reference data, test Meta data.
* Experience with Build-Test-Deploy pattern for systems and applications in VMWare, Cloud, or Windows Server (2003/2008/2012) environments
* Understands Agile Methodologies
* Top level application support and troubleshooting
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and able to communicate very technical subject matter to non-technical users
* BSdegree in Computer Science, Engineering, or comparable demonstrated work experience
* Experience in automated testing of financial or healthcare softwaresystems using test frameworks is desired
* Familiarity of other automation frameworks/ tools like selenium.
* Familiarity writing automation for Angular JS applications.
* ETL and Data Testing is a plus