Software Development Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
BDO USA, LLP
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Software Development Intern is responsible for analyzing internal user needs to accurately design, construct, implement and maintain a system to meet the individual needs of the user.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Enrolled in an Associates, Bachelors, or Masters degree program in Computer Science or other relevant field of study required
- Experience with developing web applications utilizing C#, ASP.NET, and/or MVC preferred
- Experience with developing integration package, stored procedures and database schemas utilized SQL Server 2008/2012 preferred
- Certifications in Microsoft MTA / MCSD preferred
- Experience with the following products preferred:
o Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 / 2012 / 2013
o Microsoft Team Foundation Services
o Microsoft SQL Server 2008 / 2012
o Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
o Microsoft SQL Integration Services
o Microsoft Entity Framework
o HTTP Debug Tools
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Capacity to work in a deadline-driven environment while handle multiple complex projects/tasks simultaneously with a focus on details
- Capable of successfully multi-tasking while working independently or within a group environment
- Capable of working well under pressure while dealing with unexpected problems in a professional manner
- Capacity to communicate and interact with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to interact and build relationships and consensus among people
- Capacity to consistently produce clean coding and adhere to appropriate documentation standards
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability