Software Development Intern - XenMobile
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R4993 Software Development Intern - XenMobile (Evergreen) (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Software Development Intern - XenMobile
Citrix XenMobile is comprehensive Enterprise Mobility Management solution to manage and secure mobile devices, apps and data. XenMobile Server team is looking for self-motivated and highly energetic software engineer who develops, tests, troubleshoots, maintains and debugs software components for existing or new products. The role works within a team of software engineers on problems of limited scope and complexity which are structured to develop knowledge and experience; receives general guidance and direction on work that may span multiple disciplines of software engineering; and follows established practices and procedures to achieve overall program performance, schedule and quality standards.
- Under general guidance, performs technical work requiring application of basic software development methodologies to complete assignments to required standards of quality and timeliness; implements designs with some guidance and supervision; delivers quality work product while gaining experience and knowledge in specific area of assignment
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader project assigned to a higher level Software Engineer; solicits input and expertise to carry out assignment correctly;
- Applies the company’s software engineering processes and standards
- Adhere to good programming practices like test driven development, unit tests, code reviews, code reuse and modularity
- Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work
- Implements, unit tests, debugs and integrates code of assigned projects; performs preliminary tests to verify the functionality, accuracy, and efficiency of developed or enhanced software; performs maintenance functions to correct errors as necessary; documents and reviews all results with higher level engineer
- Coordinates own development activities on routine work and cooperates with other programmers and scrum team members on technical aspects related to the project
- Engages in continuous learning both on the job and through technical training in order to expand and enhance technical expertise and competency and keep pace with technology advancements
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS degree in computer science or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of Computer Science fundamentals (e.g., algorithms, data structures); basic proficiency in a programming language(s) (e.g., Java, C, C++, C#)
- Understanding of basic software lifecycle process
- Demonstrated capability for solving problems across multiple sub‐disciplines of software engineering; proven capability for finding solutions to algorithm and programming problems, developing solutions, and finding defects in software
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.