Software Development Manager II 8/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
At the Digital Biology Center (a division of Bio-Rad) we use nanoliter-sized droplets as reaction vessels to power a super-precise digital nucleic acid measurement method (droplet digital PCR). Now that we ve solidified our market lead in digital PCR, we re expanding into diagnostic applications for our core technology. We think a lot of interesting molecular biology can be done with thousands of nanoliter-sized reactors.
Our engineers (are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback. They move fast and ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build. You can do this because you re a superb communicator.
We need a creative software engineering manager with strong interpersonal skills to lead a dynamic software team building the next generation ddPCR applications. Major product functions include instrument control, data collection, visualization and analysis. You will work closely with MEs, EEs, ChEs & chemists, fluidics engineers, and molecular biologists.
* You have a technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions. In addition to .NET/C#, you have some experience in Python, C++ or Java.
* You have experience leading a team and guiding them in their career development.
* You believe in building both teams and products that are responsive and high quality.
* You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team.
* You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work using the Scrum framework. You are steadfastly focused on your customers.
* You are comfortable engaging in a back-and-forth with scientists, marketing, and regulatory personnel to figure out what we really need to provide.
* You enjoy sharing your expertise. You make everyone around you better. You like working as part of a team. You think ahead and build for the future.
* 10 years experience in SW development with at least 5 years as a manager designing and developing desktop apps in .NET/C# for life science or medical capital equipment.
* Experience developing regulated products for FDA, CLIA, CFR11/21, CE/IVD and cFDA.
* You have at least a BS in a relevant field, MS preferred.
* Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience using agile project management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent. You believe in TDD.
* Experience with continuous integration/automated test tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity, and configuration/provisioning & deployment management: Puppet, Ansible.
Some publications about our technology:
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for growth and training
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.