Software Development Manager 9/1/2016
Toshiba America Business Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) is seeking a SOFTWARE MANAGER to lead a development team working on the next generation of MFP product.
As a Manager of Software Development, you will be instrumental in leading the SW design for MFP devices. Manage software engineer to designing state of art software architecture for MFP. The ideal candidate is someone who has both in depth and broad understanding of software and embedded system as it relates to MFP. As a manager of a team, you will be responsible for motivating and mentoring the staff engineers to deliver the best of class MFP product. This position is with the Document Solutions Engineering (DSE) division of Toshiba.
* Architecting, Design, Develop and Deliver top notch embedded devices.
* Manage and lead the development software architecture for MFP.
* Manage development team.
* Collaborate closely with worldwide development site.
* Understand business requirements and provide engineering estimates.
* Mentor engineering staff.
* Manage engineering resource, project schedule, deliverables, communicate status and identify project risks to Management.
* Prepare capital and expense budget input per division schedules, direct the cost effective and timely spending of the approved amounts and manage the tracking of the actual expenditures against the budget.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering or related fields.
* Minimum of 8 years applicable engineeringexperience with a minimum of 3years in some form of management role. This would include heavy project management.
* 5+ years' experience in MFP product development.
* 3+ years' experience in building and managing a top notch team of strong technical people.
* Management skill to mentor and motivate staff engineers.
* Experience in leading an R&D development site.
* Experience managing projects with multiple dependencies.
* Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills.
* Deep understanding of the MFP and networking hardware industry.
* Agile development process and other SDLC knowledge is desirable.
* Ability to travel overseas.
At Toshiba, we are focused on helping business better control their productivity and profitability by delivering innovative imaging and retail solutions and services. We understand delivering great products alone is not enough, so we use human innovation to help solve our customer's business challenges.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. was formed in October 1999 as an independent operating company of Toshiba Corporation, the eighth largest integrated electronic and electric equipment company in the world with more than 200,000 employees globally and more than $63 billion in annual sales.
Toshiba's technological heritage spans more than a century. Toshiba dedicates more than $4 billion of its annual revenue to research and development, which has contributed to the success of the company's digital imaging solutions products. Consistently recognized for innovation, quality and technological excellence, Toshiba has garnered more than 200 industry awards and product recommendations including being a thirteen-time winner of BTA's "Most Favored Manufacturer" and an eight-time winner of Marketing Research Consultant's "Copier Manufacturer of the Year" award.