Software Development Manager (Perl)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Endurance International Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Description:
Endurance International is seeking an experienced Perl programmer to join our tech team. The ideal candidate will have a background building high-traffic, high profile web applications and will be a capable self-starter who can own development projects from start to finish.
* Manage the daily objectives and challenges of the development team.
* Perform individual coding responsibilities as well as be responsible for guiding and
* mentoring a team of 4-6 more junior coders.
* Assist engineers with daily implementation issues (i.e. code).
* Utilize an entrepreneurial mindset to identify problems and opportunities on ambiguous
* data, develop creative solutions, and execute rapidly for maximum business effect.
* Taking initiative beyond minimum expectations to determine long-term successes of the company
* Provide guidance and mentoring regarding best practices and software industry standards, code
* design and implementation.
* Guide the selection of software development tools and usage.
* Evaluate third party tools and libraries.
* Perform code reviews.
* At least 5years experience developing web-based applications, including working with session data storage, relational databases, caching, and inter-process communication.
* Experience with website development, website hosting, and web-based application development.
* Significant knowledge of and experience in Perl programming.
* Exposure to standard Perl idioms, the ability to create your own class hierarchies, and familiarity with CPAN.
* Understanding of professional software development processes. Including familiarity with the cycles of requirements definition, issue tracking, version control, automated testing,
* deployment and maintenance.
* Clear and articulate communication, both written and spoken
* The ability to think and make decisions rapidly based on business criteria, not exclusively on technical priorities, is required.
* 3years experience of Leading/Mentoring/Supervising a team or other leadership
* Experience with HTML::Mason and Cache::Memcached
* Experience in systems administration, database administration, especially replication and performance tuning, highly desirable
* Team leading or other leadership experience
* Bachelors degree (B.A) and 5+ years of experience in the Internet industry or in a related area.