Software Development Principal Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Round Rock, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title : Software Development Principal Engineer
Job Location : Round Rock, TX
Job Type : Contract to Hire
Visa : Only Looking for Green Card and Citizen
Mode of Interview : Telephone or Skype
Experience :10 + Years
Rate : Good As Per Market
* Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
* 10+ years of related experience with at least 4+ years building web portals and/or ecommerce applications using Microsoft technologies
* 3years leading teams.
* EXPERT knowledge of object oriented programming
* Good experience in NServiceBus, NHibernate, or any other ORM, StructureMap, AutoMapper, log4net, ReSharper, TeamCity, NSQ.
* EXPERT knowledge on SoftwareAG webmethods suite of applications
* Knowledge of SQL Server development and database design
* Working knowledge on B2B technology standards like EDI (ANSI X12 and EDIFACT), Non EDI (XML, FTP, Email generation), RosettaNet, OAG and AS2 using JDBC/MQ adapters thru SOA will be a Plus.
* Works closely with the Enterprise & Solution Architects through all phases of the SDLC
* Investigates new technologies and techniques and researches ongoing industry developments
* Initiates major changes in architecture and software development techniques/processes.
* Designing, coding, testing, documenting, and deploying global applications based on system and user requirements
* Analyze and resolve performance issues in all environments
* Expert knowledge in analyzing, designing, and developing solutions to highly complex problems
* Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information effectively to both IT and business audiences
* Knowledge of Agile methodology
* Familiar with Unit Test, Mock, Test Driven Development etc
DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES:
* Build large, high volume and responsive ecommerce web applications.
* Works with clients and Product Managers to determine software requirements and system impacts
* Generates technical documentation as well as unit and functional tests
* Works closely with the global development team, other senior Solution Architects, and executives within the Online Product Engineering group to plan ongoing feature development, product maintenance, and management of development teams
* Creates design specifications for high availability and high scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers
* Cultivate engineering excellence practices in the team and mentor junior developers
* Plan and perform unit and integration tests via automation to fully test and regress SW
* Practice Lean/Agile
* Drive continuous integration and continuous delivery.
List of Must Haves for Contractor to be successful in this role (EX: Education Requirements, Software Skill Sets, Licenses or Certifications, etc.)