Software Development Project Manager Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Electrophysiology (EP), we offer technologies such as 3D Mapping and Navigation systems, Radiofrequency Ablation catheters, Diagnostic Catheters, EP recording systems, and Intra-cardiac Access Sheaths for diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders.
Use this link to learn more about our Rhythmia Mapping system
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Project Manager to take software products from conception through commercialization.
- Develops and implements project plan, or sub-element of a project, including cost, schedule, risk and performance for new software product introduction or continuation
- Builds team ownership and commitment to project plans; Provides structured thinking to project team on overall approach and delegates as appropriate
- Leads the team in appropriate decision making through strong judgment and the ability to analyze options and implications.
- Responsible for team and cross-functional level communications and acts as liaison between the team and the PIB
- Participates in phase reviews; reviews IBPs; defines and tracks key business unit metrics; Responsible for elevating critical business decisions on existing products to the appropriate management boards and/or functional management
- Relationship/People Management: Provides input to functional managers on team and team member performance; Fosters and develops cross-functional collaboration.
- Product/Technology Management: Provides input to the technical approach to technology application and new product development; Identifies, communicates, and manages project risk with within appropriate level of experience.
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED
- Bachelor's degree plus 8+ years of experience as a Software Development Project Manager
- Formal Project Management training/certification required
- Product Development experience
- Experience managing cross functional project teams
- Medical Device industry experience
- Leadership skills and a self-motivated and directed individual
- Willingness to adapt to new projects and a fast pace of change
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Project Manager, Developer, Manager, Product Development, Technology, Management, Research