Software Development Project Manager (Mid)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The American Institutes for Research
JOB DESCRIPTIONBe part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
* advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that's peer-approved in the country)
* mobile support for the user interfaces
* learning management systems with social media features
* user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
* innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry.
As a result of our continued growth, we are currently seeking a Software Development Project Manager for our Washington, D.C. office.
* Develop requirements, budgets, and schedules for the software development projects.
* Facilitate requirements meetings, including the peer review sessions, and status meetings with clients and project team.
* Establish milestones, anticipates issues, and monitors adherence to project scope, requirements and design documents,
schedules, and to the CSSC software development process.
* Assume day-to-day responsibility for ensuring that the project is completed on time and within budget, and that all deliverables
are of the highest quality.
* Configure systems through databases, routinely analyze data through SQL queries and generate custom reports.
* Work closely with the CSSC Technical Project Management team to: share best practices, help resolve project issues, and
ensure that staff is properly allocated to tasks by considering staff's skills and interests, and the project's needs.
* Maintain client relations and communications including status reporting and informal conversations.
* Understand the technical details of the software product and be the liaison between technical and non-technical teams.
* Conduct software integration activities between different internal and external software systems.
* This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with a 3-5years of project management experience and/or a Master's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Management or a related field and 2-4 yrs of Project Management experience
* Must have excellent oral and written skills with the ability to matrix manage a software team that includes graphic designers, developers and software testers.
* Must be familiar with project management tools such as Microsoft Project or BaseCamp and versioning tools such as CVS.
* Experience with SQL and/or SAS to analyze data is required.
* Demonstrated experience required: knowledge of all phases of software development cycle, ability to develop project plans, requirements documents, and project budgets.
* Familiarity with quality assurance practices is required.
* Experience required in applying best practices in project management, including those used to initiate, plan, control, monitor and report upon all phases of project activity.
* Must have a quick aptitude for learning new software.
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/8563/software-development-project-manager-%28mid%29/job. Candidates must apply online for consideration. EOE.