Software Engineer 9/10/2016
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
US Citizenship and the ability to maintain a DoD security clearance required.
Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as java. Work independently as a contributing member of Agile Sprint Team. Use Jira, Confluence, Nexus, Stash-Git/Subversion development operations, collaboration and source control tools. Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing. Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them. Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics. Develop maintainable code that matches specifications. Participate in Design Reviews, Sprint Planning, estimating, Release Planning, demonstrations and retrospectives. Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements. Other duties as required.
* Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance.
* BS degree in related technical field and 8-12 years prior relevant experience OR Master s degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
* Agile Software development experience.
* Experience with Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E) development tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Nexus, and Stash-Git/Subversion.
* Experience in Java/J2EE technologies.
* Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and SOAP based web service technologies, including WSDL, JAX-WS, JAX-RPC, XML, XSD, and XSLT.
* Experience with Objected Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming.
* Experience designing and building web services, including REST-based services.
* Experience developing applications using network sockets.
* Experience serializing data structures using JSON or SML for communication with web clients.
* Experience using pub/sub message queues, such as 0MQ.
* Experience with automated unit test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages.
* Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Good verbal and written skills.
* Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
* Experience in User Interface development technologies, such as HTML5, NodeJS, AngularJS, etc.
* Web Client end user devices, Smart Clients and Android applications.
* Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems.
AASKI provides an excellent package of comprehensive benefits for full-time employees beginning the first day of employment.
* Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
* 10 Paid Holidays; 3 weeks Paid Time Off.
* 401k Retirement Plan with employer match.
* Life Insurance and AD&D; Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance and AD&D.
* Long and Short Term Disability.
* Flexible Spending Account.
* Discounted Legal Service, Income Protection, Discounted Home & Auto.
Experience working in a CMMI Level 3 project/business environment a plus for all open positions. US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Security clearance required. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Solicitations/Advertisements for Employees shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status or on the basis of disability. All employees of the Company are employed At Will. This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Solicitations/Advertisements for Employees shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status or on the basis of disability.