Software Engineer - 1766
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMillennium Engineering and Integration Company is looking for an experienced Software Engineer for the Rapid Response Space Works.
* The Software Engineer will be part of a responsive software team that develops mission critical software for testbed and flight systems for space, ground, and near-space applications.
* Design, develop, and test mission and safety critical software in all phases of product development and operational deployment
* Translate customer and system requirements into robust software design with a test-driven approach
* Ensure software quality by performing thorough requirements analysis, design and code reviews, and writing unit and automated integration tests
* Leverage legacy core design and COTS/GOTS/open-source products to produce a highly customizable architecture to suit customer needs
* Efficiently manage project and personal schedule by consistently meeting deadlines
* Interact with Systems and Test Engineers to understand/define requirements and generate test procedures
* Interact with government and commercial space teams by mentoring and attending technical reviews
* Successfully communicate project plans, tracking details, status updates and risk mitigation plans to the cross-functional team
* Investigate and solve production system issues with a focus on customer service
* Experience with DoD Space systems
* Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter
* Ability to work in a team environment with multiple team members and the ability to multi-task
* Excellent communication skills
* Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with customers and team members
* Minimum of 4 years total relevant experience in Space Systems and Ground Systems
* Experience with Java
* Experience with C++, C#
* Experience with .NET development
* Experience and understanding of XML and XML schema architectures and design
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
* Working experience with Windows and Linux
* Strong debugging & complex problem solving skills
* Experience with system testing processes and tools
* Experience with Simulation of space systems
* CMMI familiarization and experience
* Experience with VxWorks, UNIX, Matlab, LabVIEW, Perl, JSON, mini-computers/microcontrollers
Minimum Bachelors in Software Engineering or relevant degree with software development emphasis or commensurate experience. Masters preferred.
Security clearance Top Secret / SCI desired.
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.