This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 2/8/2017
TransCore Intelligent Transportation Systems
TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team in Norcross, Georgia.
Job Summary: The successful candidate will develop and/or modify software used to manage traffic systems around North America. The TransSuite software is the leading Intelligent Transportation System around the country. This position will have access to the current technology and will work to bring the next generation of traffic management technology to the market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Corrects errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
* Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
* Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
* Writes, updates, and maintains computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
* Consults with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
* Performs or directs revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
* Writes or contributes to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
* Investigates whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions
* Prepares detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language
* Analyzes defect reports and designs solutions to the defects.
* Updates the defect tracking systems and the code revision archive with the information associated with changes to the defect.
* Analyzes requirements for simple features and performs high-level design, detailed design, coding and designer testing.
* Provides software support (phone, email, and onsite) to customers.
* Provides daily, weekly systems integrity checks of the deployed systems and applications.
* Utilizes software version control software for check-in/check-out of code.
Education: BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering or other technical degree
Required Skills & Experience:
* Three (3) or more years of direct experience with Java, SOAP and web services
* SQL and network protocols
* Experience with RESTful web services
A leader in the transportation industry since 1934, TransCore provides innovative, technical solutions including next generation Open Road Tolling, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Radio Frequency Identification systems that secure access and vehicle registration for airports, hospitals, parking garages, border patrols, trucking fleets and rail carriers. TransCore also operates tolling customer service centers for transportation agencies throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, and Dubai. TransCore is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc., a diversified growth company in the S&P 500, Fortune 1000 and Russell 1000 indices.
TransCore offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
TransCore provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability
To learn more about TransCore please visit us at www.transcore.com.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and r sum s are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore will not consider unsolicited r sum s from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.