Software Engineer 9/15/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This is a full-time position with vAuto, a business unit of AutoTrader.com, located in Austin, TX.
We are seeking an experienced web application developer to help design and implement complex web applications for desktop and mobile devices.
At vAuto Inc. we pride ourselves on being an industry leading innovator and provider of automotive software solutions. vAuto has launched several first-in industry innovations, including its current suite of solutions that deliver a better way to price, appraise and stock pre-owned vehicles. We specialize in web & mobile application solutions for the Automotive Industry. We seek a self-motivated Software Developer in Test with a passion for technology and committed to delivering quality products.
The Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs as required, to support the technical capabilities at vAuto. To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires good communication skills, with management and team members.
* Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
* Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
* Actively participate in agile team activities
* Participate in the design of new or changing programs
* Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
* Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
* Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
* Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
* Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
* Work with the team to ensure the quality of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
* Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
* Mentor less experienced Software Engineers
* Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
* 3-6 years experience in relevant technologies
* Good knowledge of and experience with user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies.
* Good knowledge in Object Oriented analysis, design and programming.
* Experience using automated unit testing technologies
* Experience using Git as a version control and work tracking tool
* Good working knowledge of:
* Microsoft C# 4.0+
* Highly Desirable Skills:
Cox Automotive, Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim , Autotrader , Kelley Blue Book , Dealertrack , vAuto , Xtime , NextGear Capital and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
Primary Location:US-TX-Austin-10415 Morado Circle
Job Level:Individual Contributor