Software Engineer BIOS - III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
You will be part of our team developing innovative Data Center products in the Joint Innovation Center (JIC), a part of Intel's Data Center Group. This is a co-located development team at the Intel Hillsboro, OR campus where most of your BIOS development collaboration will be face to face with your peers and other team members, and directly with the customer, turning ideas into high performance, high volume, OEM Data Center systems. You will have the opportunity to design and implement UEFI FW solutions for 4-Socket & 2 Socket, Rack, Tower and Blade server products. You will also be working with other cross functional teams including Power, Hardware, Firmware, Intel silicon design teams, validation and system engineering, operations, content experts, and vendors to collaboratively design innovative products quickly, and to help find ways to systematically increase our development velocity while maintaining quality.
* Successful candidates will have solid experience in BIOS/UEFI development on IA-32 or IA-64 architecture, external interfaces, product constraints, along with ability to develop architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform.
* Qualified candidates will have knowledge of source code development, review and maintenance (C/C++), and unit and system level test and verification.
* Qualified candidates will also have experience in low-level programming, system architecture, operating systems, device architecture, and hardware design.
* You will be expected to work well independently or in a team environment with minimum supervision
YOU MUST POSSESS A BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE OR A MASTER OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE OR COMPUTER ENGINEERING OR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING WITH A MINIMUM OF TEN YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN UEFI BASED SYSTEM BIOS DEVELOPMENT. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION INCLUDE:
* 5+ years of industry experience, focusing on BIOS development on IA-32 or IA-64 architecture.
* 5+ years of C/ C++ or assembly language programming experience.
* 5+ years of experience with processor and PC system level architectures
* 5+ years of experience with hardware skills: PC platform, BIOS, Drivers, IO technologies
* 5+ years of experience with Intel CPUs, memory controllers, IO Hubs, and PC architecture
* 5+ years of experience with industry specifications such as PCI, ACPI, DDR