Software Engineer 9/1/2016
Neopost USA, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
ProShip, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer to join its software integration team, to implement and integrate ProShip Software Suite solutions. The ProShip product suite is an enterprise-class software solution that automates the multi-carrier shipping needs of the largest parcel shippers globally. The position will involve a mixture of: installation and implementation of supply chain management and logistics automation software, integration to end-user ERP/WMS of same software, troubleshooting, user training and documentation.
The ideal candidate will have a Computer Science, relevant Engineering degree or equivalent experience, with at least internship experience, preferably in the development and integration of an enterprise-class, server-based commercial software product.
* Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, CS, MCS, MIS or related field or the equivalent in a combination of education and work experience
* Experience leading and/or supporting small to large-scale system integration projects from design through formal test preferred
* Excellent working knowledge or ability to pick up VB.NET, C#, and VB Script
* Ideal knowledge of PHP, ASP and ASP.NET
* Basic computer and server administration (Linux and Windows)
* Database skills; proficient with a variety of RDMS platforms, including MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
* Experience with data manipulation algorithms
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, conveying a positive, collaborative, and professional image toward peers, management, customers and vendors
* Ability to work independently to learn and maintain technical skills as well as part of a team to solve challenging business problems
* Sound organizational and time management skills with ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and follow-through on all tasks
* Detail-oriented and conscientious, demonstrating accountability and ownership for all responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience (Preferred, Not Required):
* Experience with shipping, logistics and supply chain concepts
* C, including familiarity with low level Win32 API calls
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Competency with popular virtualization technologies
* Skills creating and consuming web services
* Experience with PLCs and/or embedded controllers
* Apple/Mac development experience
* Java competency
* Knowledge of a variety of peripheral devices, including label printers and hand-held scanners
* Must have the ability to withstand prolonged periods of sustained computer usage
* Able to handle stress and pressure of workflow and deadlines
* Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, vendors, and colleagues; includes in-person, telephonic and electronic communications.
OVERVIEW OF PROSHIP, INC
Who We Are
ProShip, Inc., a Neopost company, is a global provider of logistics software and product solutions, including enterprise-wide, multi-carrier shipping and manifesting software, automated packing solutions and intelligent parcel lockers. ProShip's reputation for quality is backed by decades of IT and supply chain expertise. From packing to shipping to delivery, ProShip's powerful solutions enable goods to be delivered faster, more efficiently and more cost-effectively than ever before.
ProShip began as a one-man shop that has grown into the comprehensive company it is today with offices in Brookfield, WI and Chicago, IL. Our team is made up of seasoned software engineers, customer service experts, dedicated sales professionals and marketing specialists that bring countless years of experience when it comes to the shipping and IT industries.
Who We Need
We are growing at a rapid rate -- with over $12 million in sales last year, we always look forward to finding the next person to join our team. Wondering if you'll be the right fit? We look for people who are eager to stay up-to-date on the changing and complex world of technology, enjoy facing new challenges and want to contribute to the success of our customers.
Why Work Here
ProShip is a company that values its people --those that work here and those we work with. A career at ProShip will allow you to be challenged, grow professionally and work in a positive environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Medical, dental and vision coverage
* Life and accident insurance
* Short-term and long-term disability
* Flexible spending and dependent care options
* 401(k) plan with company match
* Wellness program
* Tuition assistance
* Vacation, holiday, and sick paid-time off
ProShip, Inc. by Neopost is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled