This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 5/30/2017
Neopost USA, Inc
ProShip, Inc., a Neopost company, is a global provider of logistics software and product solutions, including enterprise-wide, multi-carrier shipping and manifesting software, automated packing solutions and intelligent parcel lockers. ProShip's reputation for quality is backed by decades of IT and supply chain expertise. From packing to shipping to delivery, ProShip's powerful solutions enable goods to be delivered faster, more efficiently and more cost-effectively than ever before.
Who We Need
We are growing at a rapid rate -- with over $17.5 million in sales last year, we always look forward to finding the next person to join our team. Our team is made up of accomplished software engineers, customer service experts, dedicated sales professionals and marketing specialists that bring countless years of experience when it comes to the shipping and IT industries. Wondering if you'll be the right fit? We look for people who are passionate about staying up-to-date on the changing and complex world of technology, enjoy facing new challenges and want to contribute to the success of our customers.
We are currently looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our software integration team, to implement and integrate ProShip Software Suite solutions. The ProShip product suite is an enterprise-class software solution that automates the multi-carrier shipping needs of the largest parcel shippers globally. The position will provide technical knowledge to internal, external, and potential clients in support of our sales, implementation, and integration processes. The Integration Engineer is directly responsible for the analysis, configuration, deployment and support of ProShip's solutions during the sales and implementation cycles.
The ideal candidate will have a Computer Science or relevant Engineering degree, or the equivalent in experience, preferably in the development and integration of an enterprise-class, server-based commercial software product.
* Represent ProShip software technology solutions in the pre-sales stage by participating in presentations and product demonstrations.
* Working as part of a team, scope and design integration solutions that meet customer requirements.
* Design and implement integration solutions across customers' enterprise applications, evaluating existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and ensuring final solutions meet customer's requirements.
* Directly responsible for the analysis, configuration, deployment and support of ProShip's solutions during implementation. Includes:
- Establishing trust and rapport with customer contacts to maintain mutual commitment to the project
- Analyzing the customer's current ordering and shipping processes, enterprise applications and systems
- Determining customer's requirements and optimum results
- Designing and implementing a proven solution that will meet or exceed requirements, provide a cost and/or time savings, and improve efficiency, quality and accuracy
- Testing customizations to ensure integrity and accuracy
- Maintaining records of each customer's software customizations
- Creating documentation for customer training and on-going support
- Assisting with upgrades and support as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, CS, MCS, MIS or related field or the equivalent in a combination of education and work experience
* Experience leading and/or supporting small to large-scale system integration projects from design through formal test preferred
* Excellent working knowledge or ability to pick up VB.NET, C#, and VB Script
* Ideal knowledge of PHP, ASP and ASP.NET
* Basic computer and server administration (Linux and Windows)
* Database skills; proficient with a variety of RDMS platforms, including MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
* Experience with data manipulation algorithms
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, conveying a positive, collaborative, and professional image toward peers, management, customers and vendors
* Ability to work independently to learn and maintain technical skills as well as part of a team to solve challenging business problems
* Sound organizational and time management skills with ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and follow-through on all tasks
* Detail-oriented and conscientious, demonstrating accountability and ownership for all responsibilities
* Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, vendors, and colleagues; includes in-person, telephonic and electronic communications
* Authorized to work for any employer in the US
Desired Skills and Experience (Preferred, Not Required):
* Experience with shipping, logistics and supply chain concepts
* C, including familiarity with low level Win32 API calls
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Competency with popular virtualization technologies
* Skills creating and consuming web services
* Experience with PLCs and/or embedded controllers
* Apple/Mac development experience
* Java competency
* Knowledge of a variety of peripheral devices, including label printers and hand-held scanners
Why Work Here
ProShip is a company that values its people -- those that work here and those we work with. A career at ProShip will allow you to be challenged and grow professionally in a collegial environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Medical, dental and vision coverage
* Life and accident insurance
* Short-term and long-term disability
* Flexible spending and dependent care options
* 401(k) plan with company match
* Wellness program
* Tuition assistance
* Vacation, holiday, and sick paid-time off
ProShip, Inc. by Neopost is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled