This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Neopost USA, Inc
ProShip, Inc. seeks a Software Engineer to join its product development team, to maintain and enhance the ProShip Software Suite. The ProShip product suite is an enterprise-class software solution that automates the multi-carrier shipping needs of the largest parcel shippers globally.
The ideal candidate will have a Computer Science, relevant Engineering degree or equivalent experience, with at least internship experience, preferably in the development and maintenance of an enterprise-class, server-based commercial software product. The position will involve a mixture of: development of supply chain management and logistics automation software, integration to end-user ERP/WMS of same software, support calls and troubleshooting, user training and documentation.
* Excellent working knowledge or ability to pick up VB.NET, C#, and VB Script
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ideal knowledge of PHP, ASP and ASP.NET
* Basic computer and server administration (Linux and Windows)
* A deep rooted drive to learn industry-specific knowledge
* Basic database skills (SQL, without a GUI)
* Experience with data manipulation algorithms
* Familiarity with a variety of RDMS platforms, including MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
* C, including familiarity with low level Win32 API calls
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Linux and Windows System administration skills
* Competency with popular virtualization technologies
* Logistics and supply chain concepts
* Skills in HCI (specifically, aesthetics in UI Design)
* Advanced proficiency with MSSQL and MySQL
* Skills creating and consuming web services
* LAMP or MEAN stack experience
* Experience with PLCs and/or embedded controllers
* Apple/Mac development experience
* Java competency
* Experience in the shipping industry
* Knowledge of a variety of peripheral devices, including label printers and hand-held scanners
OVERVIEW OF PROSHIP, INC
Who We Are
ProShip, Inc. is a Neopost company that provides software, technology, service and support while creating solutions that give our customers a competitive advantage. By prioritizing speed, compliance and support ProShip has become an industry leader in multi-carrier shipping software. Businesses like Trek Bicycle Corp, Kohl's, American Girl, TigerDirect, Miles Kimball, Parker Hannifin, Derco Aerospace, Sephora, and Louis Vuitton utilize our software to create a simple, one-touch shipping process to handle their packages worldwide.
ProShip began as a one-man shop that has grown into the comprehensive company it is today with offices in Brookfield, WI and Chicago, IL. Our team is made up of seasoned software engineers, customer service experts, dedicated sales professionals and marketing specialists that bring countless years of experience when it comes to the shipping and IT industries.
Who We Need
We are growing at a rapid rate -- with over $12 million in sales last year, we always look forward to finding the next person to join our team. Wondering if you'll be the right fit? We look for people who are keen to staying up-to-date on the changing and complex world of technology, enjoy facing new challenges each day and want to contribute to the success of our customers.
Why Work Here
ProShip is a company that values its people --those that work here and those we work with. A career at ProShip will allow you to be challenged, grow professionally and work in a positive environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Medical, dental and vision coverage
* Life and accident insurance
* Short-term and long-term disability
* Flexible spending and dependent care options
* 401(k) plan with company match
* Wellness program
* Tuition assistance
* Vacation, holiday, and sick paid-time off
ProShip, Inc. by Neopost is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled