This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
Burr Ridge, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160822-8144-RE
Company Name: ISO
Verisk has an amazing story to tell Named to Forbes America s Best Employers 2016 List and Forbes World s Most Innovative Companies 2015 List, Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. Acknowledgment as a best employer is a testament to the Verisk team around the world. At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work, create a positive, lasting impact on the business, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies and an excellent benefits package!
If you re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
ISO ClaimSearch Solutions group, a product suite of Verisk Insurance Solutions, is looking for a highly motivated candidate. The position engages in a development team engineering applications supporting business objectives. The suite of applications and services will support the functionality globally and enable ISO s growing channels / clients.
Title: Java Software Engineer
Organizational Unit: ISO Claims Analytics - ClaimSearch Solutions Group
Supervisory Responsibility: No
* Design clear and concise REST service interfaces, and create corresponding documentation.
* Build and manage reliable software in a service-oriented environment, have such software operate at high-performance, demonstrated scalability and high reliability.
* Support technical leadership for the development team at a technical development level.
* Champion policies, procedures, and standards and ensure their conformance with department and enterprise objectives.
* Ensure that the quality of the software solutions offered is high, including ensuring proposed software solutions that cost-effectively meet internal customer's objectives.
* Effectively resolve production problems in a timely manner by rapidly organizing and deploying the appropriate resources.
* Continuously review problems to determine the root cause in order to prevent them in the future.
* Ensure that secure coding practices are thoroughly enforced.
* Effectively communicate software solution expectations to internal customers, team members and other stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
* Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve development goals.
* Ensure alignment between prescribed architecture and the team s goals and objectives.
* Experience working with Spring Core, Java, and creating REST services & documentation.
* Demonstrated technical ability to create enhancements to primary and supporting websites, web applications and infrastructure.
* Proven experience in software development, maintenance and delivery with application server experience.
* Established track record of successful system and project implementations.
* Effectively translated complex customer requirements, recommended system solutions, and helped formulate detailed specifications.
* Demonstrated ability to document development including database design, application design and ongoing documentation of changes and modifications for complex applications.
* Effectively developed in distributed teams.
* Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, multi-tier architecture, and production internet architectures.
* Produced complex design and technical specifications as required for technical documentation.
* Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
Skills and Knowledge
* Strong technical background, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to deliver simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, utilizing agile development processes and establish skills in designing and developing simple solutions to complex problems.
* Results-oriented, customer-focused with a passion to resolve tough technical and operational challenges.
* Ability to engage in a team of software development engineers and work with senior management, engineering principals, and the product team.
* Effectively help shape the business requirements, bring high quality customer experience to market by owning the development of and operating business critical software services.
* Possess excellent problem solving abilities.
* Inspire internal customer confidence in the technical abilities, service attitude, and business knowledge of the IT department.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
For more information contact Robin Edelstein at Redelstein@verisk.com or visit us at Www.verisk.com/careers
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please contact Robin Edelstein (email@example.com) to get more information.
See our website at www.verisk.com for information about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Verisk Analytics, of which Verisk Insurance Solutions is a division, was ranked by Forbes as the 18th most innovative company in the world. See announcement @ http://www.verisk.com/press-releases-verisk/2015/august-2015/forbes-ranks-verisk-analytics-18th-most-innovative-company-in-the-world.html
Verisk Analytics has also been named to join the S&P 500in 2015. See announcement @ http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-01/verisk-jumps-after-being-named-to-replace-joy-global-in-s-p-500
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience