Software Engineer- C C Experience Required
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSoftware Engineer- C++ C# Experience RequiredJob ID:
Software Engineer JOB ID:
Herndon, VA Harris Corporation is seeking a Software Engineers Aviation Voice Communications Systems development for domestic and international Air Traffic customers. The position involves enhancing the VCS21 air traffic control voice switch system in C++, C# and other languages. The work includes creating a UML design model of the existing system and writing automated unit test suites to test the system software. Longer term responsibilities include software development for additional product features as required to expand customer base.* Creating a UML design model of the existing system.
* Writing automated unit test suites to thoroughly test the system software.
* Adding enhancements to software based on customer requirements. Qualifications:* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and Strong object-oriented design, C++/C# coding experience and strong technical writing.
* 3+ years related software engineering experience (Additional experience may substitute for education). Preferred Qualifications:* Software design experience, especially with UML.
* Experience understanding and enhancing large software systems written by other engineers.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills along with the ability to develop effective working relationships with program management personnel and other engineers. This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain an FAA Public Trust security clearance. In order to obtain the required Public Trust clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Software Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - VA - Herndon .