Software Engineer - C# 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Convergent Dental is a high-energy, high-tech, dental device company that is experiencing rapid growth and looking for new team members who can grow with us. Our environment is extremely fast paced and entrepreneurial. The company has entered the market with Solea, the first-of-its-kind CO2 hard and soft tissue laser that cuts faster than any other laser-based system in dentistry. Solea's speed and precision is a result of its wavelength and computer controls that are unique to Convergent Dental, Inc. Our company is well-funded and opportunities for stock options and advancement are plentiful. If you are a motivated, career-oriented individual who is interested in being in on the early stage of a significant opportunity, Convergent Dental is the place for you.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing software to support the Company's CO2 laser-based hard and soft tissue ablation system. The Software Engineer will report to the Company's VP of Engineering and work closely with its product manager and other key team members to ensure that the device's user interface and hardware, including diagnostic and preventative functions, operate as intended. This position will play an integral role in the product development process, assisting in all aspects of the business from requirements definition, to product specification and development, to implementation of marketing requirements. The Software Engineer will be part of a team of developers with whom he/she will work closely to develop all necessary software.
* Design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or proprietary software for internal use.
* Participate in full development life cycle including requirements, analysis, design, and test.
* Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
* Support, maintain and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation as applicable.
* Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise software as needed.
* Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
* Consult with end users to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
* Ability to multitask multiple projects.
* Very knowledgeable of applications, software industry standards, and computer engineering concepts.
* Approximately 5+ years' experience developing software with high system reliability requirements.
* Ability to develop creative solutions, prioritize tactical and strategic plans and execute quickly.
* Works independently with moderate supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
* Proficient in C# .NET, WPF, and XAML.
* Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
* Familiar with Python programming language.
* Experience with Qt Framework and GUI development.
* Experience with REST/SOPA services and cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud etc).
* Knowledge of software development for integration (IoT) with Salesforce CRM (SFDC) tool a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 /year
* C#: 4years
* WPF: 4years
* .NET: 4years
* Python: 1year