Software Engineer - Cassandra
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Within our small engineering team, you can make a significant contribution relative to much larger organizations. At Infoblox, we place a high premium on continuous improvement and teamwork. As such, we value ongoing communication and the socialization of amazing discoveries throughout our tight-knit community of engineers and technologists. If your passion is making Big Data perform in a SaaS environment, join us and make the Internet safer on your first day.
* Design, implement, and administer Cassandra/DataStax databases
* Develop Java code to connect data service with databases
* Plan and implement database upgrades
* Fully document architecture, design, and software
* Assist QA team with test automation
* Resolve live issues, including being part of the on-call rotation
* 7+ years experience developing distributed, scalable, and highly-available software platforms
* 2+ years experience with Cassandra; DataStax Enterprise experience, especially Solr, a big plus
* Extensive development experience with Java, in particular the DataStax Java driver
* Deep experience in Object Oriented concepts and enterprise architecture
* Experience with docker containers and Go a plus
* Demonstrated ability to deliver work products on-time
* Ability to estimate level of effort and resources required to achieve project objectives
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Experience working within an Agile development environment
* Experience with source control systems: Git preferred
* Experience with Linux systems
* Experience with analytics (especially Spark) a plus
* Knowledge of cloud computing, open source, security a plus
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
* Motivated self-starter that excels in dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environments
* Strong interest in new technologies and professional continuous improvement
This full-time position is located in the core of downtown Tacoma where the traffic moves quickly and the water is always close by. In this location, you have a wide choice of dining selections and a range of commuting options including rail, bus, car and bike. You can also take advantage of our tuition reimbursement benefit to enroll in a continuing education class at nearby University of Washington, Tacoma or other technical course of study consistent within Human Resource guidelines.
* Ability to grow your career with a world class IT Team in a rapidly growing company
* Free Parking
* Break room regularly stocked with free snacks/drinks
* Assigned dedicated personal workspace
* Many other perks to include culture clubs, 401K matching and education benefits
* BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or another hard science or engineering degree.
Infoblox is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D.