This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Echo Global Logistics
JOB DESCRIPTIONECHO GLOBAL LOGISTICS IS SEEKING A PASSIONATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER TO DEVELOP AND MANAGE THE PROPRIETARY WEB-BASED APPLICATIONS UTILIZED BY BOTH OUR CLIENTS AND VARIOUS INTERNAL TEAMS AT ECHO.
We offer our SoftwareEngineers the opportunity to break the mold and build something unique, helping to architect and implement large scale solutions that drive our business. The systems you will engineer directly impact not only the transportation processes of thousands of businesses across the country, but every Echo employee that accesses them every day. You will be challenged to hone your skills to meet the demands of a constantly evolving industry while setting the benchmark for innovative development principles. Imagination is mandatory, the unoriginal need not apply.
* Looking to channel your creative side to build and power innovative solutions in an Agile environment
* Not just a cog in the wheel
* Passionate about learning, both in acquiring more knowledge and sharing your knowledge with others
* A self-starter, team-player, go-getter triple threat
* Inclined to take smart, informed risks and thrive while finding solutions
* A publically traded, growth centric company that has maintained a start-up mindset
* Strong believers in flexibility and a healthy work/life balance
* Passionate about software craftsmanship and doing things right
* A team-based technology company where all members are working towards keeping Echo the technical leader in our industry
* Home to some of Chicago's highest regarded tech talent and looking for more to join the team
As a SoftwareEngineer, you will serve as an active member of a product development team that solves complex challenges and builds working software with a focus on supporting the strategic architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function.
* Collaborate with Sr. SoftwareEngineers on technical planning
* Produce high quality code
* Address technical debt constantly, escalating when it becomes risky
* Serve as a dependable development resource for peers and develop with an awareness for team members needs
* Support and be accountable for timely software releases
* Identify tactical risks and raise awareness or resolve issues effectively
* Work closely with Product Owner to break down user stories into small functional slices
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
* 3-5 years developing commercial-grade web-based business applications
* 3-5 years writing in code in the C# programming language in a .NET environment, building or maintaining fault-tolerant systems, data structures and algorithms
* Proven track record working on fast-paced, time-sensitive projects while managing software risk and balancing priorities
* Understanding of Agile principles or experience in an Agile environment preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
* An exciting start-up atmosphere with the stability of a large technology company
* Regular hackathons where your ideas are presented directly to the Executive team and could be implemented for the whole business
* Catered lunch every other Friday
* Mentorship program and exposure to senior leadership
* Experience with multiple technologies in an Agile environment
* Career path for growth in your expertise or flexibility to try new things