Software Engineer 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kappa Search Inc. is a Chicago professional recruiting agency that specializes in engineering, technology, operations and technical sales recruitment and placement. We are currently recruiting for a Software Design engineer.The ideal candidate would be a BSEE or BSCE with 1 plus years of experience doing C AND C++ programming with a RTOS.
This person s responsible for the design and development of embedded applications on hardware platforms. The focus in this role includes creation of technical specifications, application firmware design and development, and support for manufacturing and regulatory approval. Knowledge of basic software development practices and principles is required.
* Design and develop application firmware using best practices that adhere to product specifications using an Agile development process.
* Create and maintain technical specifications as related to product development.
* Work with senior engineers to implement scalable systemarchitecture and modular functional blocks that meet product requirement needs.
* Use design analysis techniques such as FMEA or rate monotonic analysis to validate software designs prior to implementation. Ability to accurately document an intended design is critical.
* Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve firmware defects as found during bench, lab, and production QA testing.
* Apply softwarequality tools such as Lint, Understand, and other static and dynamic analysis tools to verify software releases meet quality and coding standards.
* Support regulatory engineering for FCC and other outside agency approval of end products.
* Support manufacturing on site during as needed for engineering and production builds.
* Manage own work to deliver according to project schedules; be accountable for delivery.