Software Engineer: Cloud - IV
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: SOFTWARE ENGINEER: CLOUD - IV
LOCATIONS: 2200 MISSION COLLEGE BLVD, SANTA CLARA, CA- 95054-1537
The Software Cloud Engineer will design and implement systems that perform dynamic partitioning of applications between client and cloud. This requires combining prediction, online optimization, and mechanisms shifting computation between client and cloud. With the built system, they will explore how the system adapts to changing workload, networks, hardware platforms, power, and cloud availability
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE, NOT LIMITED TO:
* Linux OS experience required
* CentOS required
* Experience maintaining CentOS-based servers
* Experience working within restrictive firewall rules in a DMZ environment
* Ability to build scripts to automate a Linux-based batch server
REQUIRED EDUCATION: BS IN EE OR CS
* 7+ years of System Administration
* 4+ Years of Software Cloud Engineering
* Must have significant experience with operating systems and distributed systems, as well as experience on - Virtualization and operating systems and cloud computing software stacks.
* Must also have experience modifying Iow-level software stacks
* IT program experience: Server administration, IT infrastructure design
* Linux OS experience required, system admin experience, network configuration, trouble-shooting hardware issues and virtual machine setup/config experience.
* Setup, configure and manage server (both physical and virtual) hosted in data center. The servers run on Linux and require periodic OS patches
* You will be working in a fast paced and results-oriented environment