Software Engineer Cloud, Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As a Software Engineer Intern on the Cloud Platform Development Team, you will be responsible for the development of platform components and services used to deliver mission critical products. You will work in a fast-paced startup environment where continuous change, innovation and experimentation are a given, but with the perks of a proven company. Expect to work with established and cutting edge technologies like Java, Scala, Kafka, Storm, AWS Services, and Zookeeper among others.
Successful Cloud Software Engineer Interns at Interactive Intelligence will:
* Understand why application logging and application metrics are important and believe this to be a first class component of new development.
* Be a talent multiplier that gets the team around them to excel and perform well
* Be driven to get results and not let anything get in their way
* Be proactive and anticipate/handle most issues
* Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed
* Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies
* Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything they do
* Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via platform components and/or services that are highly scalable, available and reliable
* Stay current with industry developments and new trends
* Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate
* Taking ownership of features beginning to end: from design documents and reviews to acceptance testing and deployment
* Actively pursuing a Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
* Experience in Java, Python or Scala, with the most recent year in server-side development
* Knowledge of synchronization techniques in stateless distributed systems
* Understanding of scalability and availability in distributed systems
* Familiarity with one or more of Tomcat, Jetty, or Grizzly
* Knowledge of REST API back-end services
* Familiarity with NoSQL solutions
* Experience with Linux or Windows operating environments
* Prior experience with Redis, Amazon Web Services, Git, Jenkins or Maven is a plus
* Communicates regularly with colleagues and management
* Uses computer frequently
* Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.