This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
Culver City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONRelentlessly protect the world s information. Make a difference at Veritas. Across the globe, we are an essential partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
In the SDIO Group, you will have the opportunity to work directly on archiving and discovery products using the latest archiving, searching, indexing, and discovery technologies. This group is devoted to helping customers solve problems related to the combination of growing data volume and types with increasing regulatory and legal demands. If you are eager to be part of a fast-paced team focused on continual innovation of cutting-edge technology, and contribute to the success of market leading products such as Enterprise Vault.cloud, Enterprise Vault, and Clearwell eDiscovery, then this group is for you!
You will have opportunities to contribute broadly to the product, including its infrastructure, backend components, overall robustness, scalability, manageability and security, especially on code quality prospective.
You will be expected to make strong contributions by engaging with peers in test planning, prototyping, design, and scheduling; writing solid test cases and test code.
You will work closely with other test developers to define and build development test strategy and tests to deliver high quality end-to-end data platform software and also involve in active feature development.
A qualified candidate should have a proven track record of shipping high quality software, has excellent technical knowledge around test driven development, and has a strong drive to foster a high performance agile test culture.
They will need to be motivated, a self-starter, and be passionate about placing quality first.
* Review code written by developers and analyze defect patterns and drive test initiatives to resolve these to completion
* Design and develop test tools that allow our team to scale out to support new features
* Design, develop, implement and maintain high-quality code for both simple and complex product modules
* Drive improvements in unit testing coverage, develop test suites, expand our automated testing harness, and automate end to end tests
* Work closely with Development and Product Management teams to provide feedback on design (product and technical) , user scenarios and propose testing approach
* Work with feature teams to collect the right data to base decisions from
* Participate and lead discussion in determining the standard and framework for unit testing
* Effectively communicate issues, risks and inter-component dependencies in a timely manner
* 2+ year s professional software or test automation development experience for shipping high quality commercial enterprise product (database, operating system etc.).
* 3 years of strong object oriented programming experience in .NET, C#
* Hands-on experience in database testing for databases like SQL Server 2008, 2012 and NO SQL with strong knowledge in writing complex SQL queries.
* Hands on experience in client/server application that include window services, WCF services and web based applications
* Experience in multi-tenant cloud environment preferred
* Familiar with enterprise scale design patterns and mocking framework
* Experience in writing test automation and a passion for backend testing.
* Solid tool creation/code writing experience.
* Good knowledge with multi-threading and Task Parallel Library experience a plus
* Expertise with performance and memory profiling, including ANTS and CLR Profiler tools
* Knowledge of File content extraction, Lucene and Log4Net a plus
* Experience with Team Foundation Server desired.
* Highly knowledgeable in STRUCTURED METHODOLOGIES SUCH AS AGILE (SCRUM)
* Excellent problem solving, design and debugging skills.
* Excellent communications skills both in team, across team and with management and other disciplines.
* A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience..
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.