Software Engineer, Dev Ops Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As a DevOps intern at Interactive Intelligence, you will work in a fast-paced startup environment where continuous change, experimentation, and innovation are a given. The DevOps team at Interactive Intelligence is responsible for the components and services that support the PureCloud platform and its developers. DevOps engineers are involved in a wide range topics including building the automated deployment pipelines for continuous delivery (CD), designing internal services, working with and contributing to open source tools, managing common infrastructure such as Kafka and Zookeeper, and leveraging third party logging, monitoring, and alerting. This is the team that helps keep the PureCloud platform stable while creating tools that empower development teams to spend their time building new features.
PureCloud is a fast-growing cloud collaboration product with a microservices-based architecture. It is a highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed application designed to take advantage of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform. PureCloud as a whole uses around 70% of all AWS services which far exceeds the majority of our industry peers. The DevOps team is on the cutting edge of this culture of adaptation, and we are seeking an engineer who pairs strong development skills with an excitement to learn the latest cloud technologies.
* Build features and services that enable PureCloud development engineers to be more efficient
* Automate operational processes, e.g. backup/restore and service deployment pipelines
* Use problem solving skills to debug and improve systems by leveraging application logging and metrics
* Collaborate with DevOps team members and PureCloud service owners to build top-notch solutions to challenging problems
* Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and stay current with industry trends
Benefits of being an ININ DevOps Intern
* Learn how to build microservices within an API-driven cloud architecture
* Understand how to design for scalability and availability in distributed systems
* Acquire deep experience with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform including services such as EC2, CloudFormation, S3, and Lambda
* Work with open-source software including ansible, packer, and NetflixOSS projects
* Opportunity for full-stack development of DevOps services
* Actively pursuing a Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
* Strong programming fundamentals (Java and/or Python preferred)
* Knowledge of REST API services and MVC design principles
* Familiarity with NoSQL backends such as DynamoDB and MongoDB and/or SQL databases including PostgreSQL
* Experience with Linux as an operating environment
* Prior experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Redis, Git, Jenkins, or Maven is a plus
* Communicates regularly with colleagues and management
* Uses computer frequently
* Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.