Software Engineer 2 - Dev Ops
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R4505 Software Engineer 2 - Dev Ops (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Software Engineer 2 - Dev Ops
Senior DevOps Engineer About the job
Citrix, as a premier cloud company, enables mobile workstyles. We are pioneering new ways to connect people and information on-demand from anywhere in the world. With the rapid evolution of both the workplace and workforce, our aspiration is to create a seamless continuum between work and life so that our clients are free to work wherever, whenever, and however they choose.
RightSignature is an exciting new product within the Citrix SaaS family. RightSignature enables greater work flexibility by offering the easiest, fastest service to get documents filled out and signed online. We believe that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things. We believe in the right tool for the job, and invest in discovering what that tool is. Currently, we lean towards Amazon Web Services and use many of their offerings.
Why we need you:
- Help us deliver software more reliably and efficiently
- Maintain a high-availability 24/7 application through installing, upgrading, configuring, repairing, and monitoring application services
- Assist with the generation and implementation of automation scripts and tools to improve efficiency
- Keep abreast of technical trends, and develop and incorporate them within our stack as appropriate
- Design and implement infrastructure changes to ensure the privacy and security of client data
- Measure and improve our test, deployment, and release processes
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and respond to production alerts involving multiple software system components, using a combination of background, experience and established procedures to resolve issues and restore services as quickly as possible
- Act as a subject matter expert within our team, teaching and training other team members operational best practices for our applications and services
You are a DevOps Engineer looking to join a small but growing Engineering team. You are passionate about security and availability. You believe in respect for your peers and for our customers. You believe that, as a professional, your work should be fulfilling and it should contribute towards your happiness in life. You commit to continual improvement.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Care as much about making great products available as you do keeping data secure
- Are comfortable designing system architectures as well as implementing and maintaining those designs
- Are comfortable using the suite of services AWS provides (EC2, ElasticCache, S3, ELB, RDS, etc.)
- Have a strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux systems administration and troubleshooting
- Can be autonomous and self-driven
- Have 5+ years relevant work experience
Bonus Points for experience:
- SQL development and Postgres database administration.
- Using automation tools such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet in production
- Using OpsWorks to manage and deploy production systems
- Using the Ubuntu Linux distribution to support production systems
- Setting up reliable and easy-to-use deployment and recovery scripts for use by you and your peers
- Monitoring systems for availability, load, and performance making actionable recommendations based on that data
- Running systems including passenger, nginx, apache, rails, sphinx, redis, dynamoDB, mysql, postgres, git, as well as recommending and implementing changes based on problems and potential gains
- Setting up systems and procedures to meet various compliance needs (FINRA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Building and maintaining a Continuous Integration or Continuous Deployment pipeline
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.