Senior Software Engineer (DevOps)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 1/26/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Do you like figuring out how to use the latest software development technologies to improve your team's development process* Do you believe in integrating continuously, frequent releases, and automating as much as possible* We are seeking a talented SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER with this type of mindset to become part of our CONTINUOUS DELIVERY TEAM. We build custom deployment pipelines for product teams to help them increase their speed of delivery while maintaining high quality. We own and innovate improvements to our implementation of Jenkins, Nexus, and other key CD infrastructure and tools.
* 8+ years experience in software development (design, analysis, programming, libraries and tooling knowledge)
* 8+ years in developing web applications and web technologies
* 8+ years experience programming in Java or other OO language
* 5+ years of experience with open source frameworks (Jenkins, JUnit, Maven, Spring)
* Good understanding of Continuous Integration/Delivery and DevOps
* Familiar with operating systems running on Linux/Unix platforms
* Exposure to working on agile/scrum delivery teams
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently and take initiative in driving projects
* Experience with SDLC and ALM tools and applications
* Exposure with databases and SQL
* Familiar with developing enterprise applications
* Understanding of mobile application development
* Experience with system configuration and orchestration tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to detail
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform, and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners, and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.