Software Engineer - EBSCOhost
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
EBSCO Information Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Software Engineer - EBSCOhost
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer who will become part of the EBSCO software development team. You will play an integral role on a team responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, and delivery of externally facing products and services.
You will work with cross-functional teams, have exposure and visibility to senior leaders, and be able to make significant technical and business impact.
* Provide expertise on system architecture, design, implementation, testing, and delivery of high volume production customer facing applications that support EBSCO s products and services.
* Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirement into simpler stories for planning and execution.
* Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration.
* Be the technical leader for product features, responsible for ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle.
* Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
* Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team s deliverables.
* Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
* Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability.
* Analytical skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
* Requirements Analysis: Gathers, organizes and evaluates any information or data needed as input from stakeholders and development team to determine requirements and specifications.
* Technical prowess: Able to quickly get to know our products to a sufficient level and drive updates as needed with Technology teams. Adopts or works with necessary tools for operations.
* Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
* Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
* Communication and Presentation: Able to effectively communicate and present technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals.
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* 3+ years of professional web development experience using .NET or Java Application Servers.
* 3+ years of experience in large systems software design and development with hands on experience in RESTful Web Services, HTML, XML/JSON, HTTP, SSL.
* 3+ years of demonstrated success delivering projects using HTML/CSS.
* 3+ years of experience in client product development.
* 3+ years of experience with Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy), API versioning and design approaches, tools, inter-operability, and SOA concepts.
* 1+ years Responsive Web Design experience.
* Hands on experience developing, delivering, and supporting publicly facing web applications.
* Experience with user interface and graphic design.
* Advanced understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, networking, and security.
* Hands on experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
* Demonstrated ability to lead or drive a project with sound technical and design skills.
* Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, including an ability to look forward and anticipate problems and assess risk.
* Excellent mentoring skills and the desire to contribute to efforts beyond the scope of the day-to-day project work.
* Advocate of unit testing, automation and test-driven development.
* Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.