This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
As a Software Engineer with the IT Finance & Billing Department, you will;
* Translate and develop requirements into workable software solutions.
* Maintain and develop programs for use in business and IT automation.
* Incorporate various accepted methodologies to design software and applications at a moderate risk level to project or release.
* May perform duties in one or more of the following disciplines:
* Open Systems
* Application Configuration
Please note - there are currently two Software Engineer roles open in this department.
Knowledge of and experience with INfogix Application is strongly preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to navigate in an established and stable environment, eg platform(s), application(s), services(s) or system(s)
* Project management skills
* Communication skills
* Negotiation skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Customer relationship skills
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams and varied audiences
* Ability to develop and make effective presentations
* Analytical skills
* Business process analysis skills
* Organizational skills
* Planning skills
* Research skills
* Strategic and critical thinking skills
* Ability to analyze, research, plan and organize procedures, practices and concepts
* Problem-solving skills
* Ability to code, configure changes/enhancements and unit test accurately
* Ability to identify and assess impacts and evaluate alternates
* Ability to utilize spreadsheet and database software
* Minimum Educational Requirements and Experience Equivalencies:
* Bachelor s degree in IT, MIS, Business or related field, plus 2 years related experience
* Associate s degree in technical field, plus 4 years related experience
* High school diploma plus 6 years related experience
* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%) 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%) Over 50 lbs. Rarely
* Driving: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Pushing/Pulling: Rarely
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Frequent (50-80%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.